THE OATH OF THE RÔTISSEURS
En ma qualité de membre De la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, Je fais le serment detoujourshonorerl’art de la cuisine Et la culture de la table. Je fais le serment de toujourshonorermes devoirs de fraternité Et de respect à l’égard de tous les membres De la Chaine des Rôtisseurs.
I pledge that, As a member of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, I will at all times honour the art of cuisine
And the culture of the table. I pledge to always fulfil my obligations Of brotherhood and of respect for my fellow Members of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.
- With a presence in more than 80 countries on 5 continents, the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs has nearly 25,000 professional and non-professional members
- Nearly 18,000 non-professional members who are passionate about culinary arts and fine wine
- Nearly 7,000 prestigious professional encompassing all the disciplines of culinary arts
- Head chefs, young chefs of the future and sommeliers in more than 2,200 restaurants around the world including famous names in the culinary world (2 and 3 start Michelin, master craftsmen, MeilleursOuvriers de France)
- General Managers of some 3,000 high-end establishments on 5 continents
- Nearly 180 Private Clubs
- More than 200 international conferences, facilities and service companies and catering services specialists
- More than 200 prestigious universities, hotels and cookery schools
- More than 250 vineyards in some of the most beautiful winemaking regions and wholesalers
- Nearly 90 cruise lines and airline companies
Through such support and activities, the Chaîne des Rôtisseursmaintainsits heritage, philosophy and charity work. The values of the Chaîne are many and demonstrate commitment:
- To preserve the camaraderie and pleasure of the table
- To promote excellence in all areas of hospitality
- To encourage the development of young chefs and sommeliers worldwide
- To hold national and international competitions to showcase upcoming talent
- To be one of the key players in the transmission of knowledge
- To provide international food support and aid to those in need
- To develop training in the Hositality and Food & Beverage industries
The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs was created under the 1901 French law regarding Associations with an International Headquarters based in Paris. At its head is a President with a Secretary General and a Board of Directors. The day to day running is organized by Nationa, Provincial and Local Bailliages. A National Bailliage is managed by its BailliDélégué (National President), assisted by a Council. Members are inducted into the Chaîne at ‘Grand Chapitre” gala events: three-day social and educational events that culminate in the induction of new members.
Members wear ribbons at such events which denote their level of membership, whether Professional or Non-professional. These designations are standard in all Bailliages worldwide.
Ordre Mondial des Gourmets Dégustateurs
For members with a particular interest in wines, spirits, liqueurs and crafted beverages, the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs offers the option of joining the OrdreMondial des Gourmets Dégustateurs (OMGD). Founded in Paris in 1963, thi part of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is enjoying growing success. Its aim is to promote the enjoyment, appreciation and knowledge of wines, spirits, and beers from around the world, through dinners, tastings and competitions.
Why become a member?
Membership of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is by personal invitation. Belonging to a truly international community brings a wealth of opportunities for members to participate in exciting events worldwide. These events, organized by national and local Bailliages, bring together people with a mutual interest in and passion for good food, conviviality and fellowship.
The benefits of an extensive international network and presence mean that members are welcome at any member establishment or dinner anywhere in the world. Chaîne membership is recognized internationally and is transferable worldwide.
The professional plaque
To signify Professional membership in the Chaînes des Rôtisseurs and to provide immediate recognition of an establishment of exceptional quality and excellence, selected Professional members display our prestigious brass plaque. It served to distinguish the Chaîne as a leading international gastronomic society and to respect the values on which our society is based.
Publicity and promotional opportunities
In the Revue Internationale de la Chaîne, the society’s annual glossy magazine with a 25,000 copy print run circulated t the worldwide membership
- Visibility on the international website and social network
- Geo-locationed map
- Job forum
- Professioal ranks
In keeping with the traditions of the ancient Guild of Rôtisseurs, our society has established a series of distinctive titles and decorations. The titles bestowed upon incoming Professional members depend upon their current role.
Our goal is to encourage the cultural differences in food and wine presentation/preparation by using a traditional approach and to facilitate major players in the transmission of knowledge
International Jeunes Chefs Rôtisseurs Competition
The objective of this competition is to encourage and promote expertise of young chefs in the tradition of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.
In a competitive environment with their peers there is the opportunity for the young chefs to showcase their talent and creativity in an international arena. Competitions are held annually at regional, national, and international levels in Bailliages around the world.
International Jeunes Sommeliers Competition
A principle of the Chaîne is to promote the enjoyment, knowledge and understanding of fine wines and crafted beverages for the professional and amateur enthusiast. A clear goal is to provide help, encouragement and support for the young professionals who will be the best sommeliers in the future.
The International Jeunes Sommeliers Competition promotes the expertise of the young wine and spirit professional encouraging mastery of wine and spirit knowledge. It also offers young sommeliers an opportunity to present their skills and “savoir faire” under highly competitive testing conditions.
This annual competition is open ot candidates selected by the National Bailliages.
ACCR charitable association
To assist the disadvantaged through an educational, social, cultural, humanitarian aid programme especially for children of all nationalities, regardless of race or religion.
The “Association Caritative de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs’ (ACCR), which means ‘charity’, is the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs’ non-profit making entitiy established with the objective of giving help and assistance through its project initiatives and charitable aid programmes worldwide. Moreover, thanks to its international connections, the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs can create a direct link thereby avoiding any loss on realisation to the allocations of the funds.
1 euro donated = 1 euro distributed
Benefits for Professional
- The cornerstone of the fellowship is the Professional member. The interaction between the Professional and Non-professional is what distinguishes the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs from other organizations.
- Provides a worldwide forum in which professional excellence is recognized
- Partnership in raising standards for service and food higher and higher
- Sharing creativity and innovation by puching beyond what has been
- Personal and professional growth through association with experts in their field
- Opportunities for host venues to showcase their exceptional culinary and service skills
- Priceless marketing opportunities fro member establishments
- Competitions for young professionals- Sommeliers and Jeunes Chefs